Junior Advisement Meetings will start this week and go through December. Parents were mailed a letter at the beginning of October with a specific appointment time for you and your student to come meet with your child's counselor. These are quick 20-30 minute meetings. Many of us schedule meetings back to back, so please be on time. Passes will be sent to the student directly allowing them to leave class to come to their meeting.
We are including a link to view the Class of 2018 Power Point with voice-over which may answer many questions. Junior year is a big year with a lot of "to-do's" for students. Hopefully, the meeting helps set the stage for a very positive senior year. Yes, senior year is right around the corner!!
Here are all the handouts and links for information pertaining to Junior Advisement Meetings:
- Class of 2018 Power Point Link
- Checklist for all items typically discussed at Junior Advisement Meeting (JAM session).
- Bridge Bill Completion Instructions
- Move on When Ready Processes - Updated
- Move on When Ready Information from Georgia Student Finance Commission
- SAT Deadlines for this school year.
- ACT Deadlines for this school year.
- HOPE Scholarship, Zell Miller Scholarship, and HOPE/Zell Grant Information
- Frequently Asked Questions about HOPE Scholarship Program from GSFC
- GPA - How to Calculate
As I said, Junior year is a big year - with LOTS of information. Sorry to overwhelm you, but wanted you to have access to everything in one place.