GSW is located in one of the original top 10 cities in the state - Americus, Georgia. It is rich in culture and history with approximately 400 acres of campus space, including an 18 hole golf course owned by the University. Americus is approximately 2.5 hours away from Johns Creek. It is a small university with close to 3000 students. If you are looking for a small environment, this may be the right place for you. The student to faculty ratio is 17:1 and the average class size is 22. There are full range of bachelor's degree programs and they are committed to shaping future leaders. Americus is home to President Carter. He and his wife have invested a lot of money and time to this institution. A little known fact: Habitat for Humanity was also founded in Americus. Though it may not be on your radar there are many excellent programs to learn about. Go visit and discover this gem!
- The Business program is the largest major on their campus with Education majors a close second.
- The Nursing School is fantastic and has a pass rate on the NCLEX above the national average. The NCLEX is the National Nursing Exam that students must pass in order to be licensed. They have a Guaranteed Acceptance Program for students to apply to during their senior year of high school and if admitted are guaranteed a spot in the nursing program as long as they maintain a 3.2 college GPA. This is a great opportunity because nursing programs in the state of Georgia are highly competitive and often many students do not get admitted.
- The Art School is home to the ONLY hot glass studio in the University System of Georgia.
- The freshman class is only 481 students.
- 85% of students receive financial aid.
- 69% of freshmen receive HOPE and Zell Miller Scholarships.
- It is one of the most affordable college options in Georgia.